VIP Logos, Marks and Seal
Official Master Brand:
The master brand consists of two parts: the KS monogram and the words Kennesaw State University in vertical and horizontal configuration options. The name “Kennesaw State University” appears in the Montserrat typeface. The registered trademark “®” symbol must be present. Use only official logos. No other typefaces or combinations of typefaces are permitted in the master brand.
General Usage Summary
The following standards govern the use of the university’s master brand in all forms of communication, including, but not limited to, print and electronic media. More detailed standards are spelled out throughout this guide.
- The master brand is an essential means of visual communication.
- The master brand must be used as the prominent graphic element in all publications — print and electronic — affiliated with the university.
- The master brand should not be modified in any manner. These symbols may be reproduced only from original master copies. To request a master brand logo in the vertical and horizontal versions, contact Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing at email@example.com.
- The master brand is the primary identifier of the university and must be used as described in this guide.
- The master brand is not permitted to be disassembled.
- KS monogram without university identity lock-up is prohibited, except for athletics use.
- Interior of the KS monogram must be lighter than the first outer stroke.
- The seal is reserved for presidential, official, ceremonial or formal uses.
Any associations or affiliates of the university that wish to use a specific identifier other than the master brand must have prior written approval from Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing and must use it in accordance with the guidelines in this guide.
Use of the university’s brand, that include university logo, name, and other brand identifiers must be reviewed by Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing. Please submit approval requests to https://designapproval.kennesaw.edu/.
Master Brand Horizontal VersionsMaster Brand Vertical Versions
Please note that the black boxes shown above are for viewing purposes only. Per University standards, the logo should never be placed within a box of any type.
Brand Extensions for Colleges and Departments:
In addition to the official master brand, divisions, colleges, departments and other approved units on campus are authorized to use a Brand Extension. These logos are created and issued by Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
A brand extension includes colleges, offices and high-level administration units that should always be tied directly to the master brand. See example below.
In addition to the official master brand, Academic programs that need to be associated with a brand extension and other approved units on campus are authorized to use a sub brand. Sub brands will only be issued in the horizontal format. These logos are created and issued by Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
A sub brand is an entity directly connected to one or more brand extensions and do not stand alone. See example below.
Affiliate brands are brands that have a direct connection or partnership with the university. Examples of affiliate brands are: registered student organizations, club teams, business partners, sponsors, retail affiliates and associations of the university. (KSU Foundation, Alumni Association, KSU Athletics Association, Parent and Family Association along with other approved units on campus, that may provide services at a commercial level are authorized to use an affiliate brand.
- Registered student organizations, Greek organizations and club teams are permitted to use the Kennesaw State master brand in association with a specific identifier for the organization. If the master brand is applied it must be located in a prominent location and larger or of equal size as the organization’s identifier.
Business partners, sponsors, retail affiliates, and other authorized commercial services are required to use master brand or a brand extension in association with organization identifier and, Kennesaw State master brand or brand extension must be located in prominent location and larger or of equal size as the organization’s identifier.
- University associations are permitted to use the Kennesaw State master brand in association with a specific identifier for the organization. If the master brand is applied, it must be located in a prominent location and larger or of equal size as the organization’s identifier.
Logos presented here are for visual context only and are not suitable for download. For brand extensions, sub brands and wordmarks, please submit request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The brand extensions and sub brands allow the unit to receive prominence while retaining an overall university identity. The brand extensions and sub brand logos may be used on the front of major publications as long as the official Kennesaw State University master brand appears on the back cover of the publication. These logos may be used alone in advertisements for individual colleges and units.
Unique college, school, department and other unit seals, logos or wordmarks may not be used on any university communication and no new logos may be developed.
Either the official Kennesaw State University master brand or an approved brand extension or sub brand must always be a prominent element of any advertising for the university and its colleges and units.
Approved graphic elements may not be grouped with the official, college-specific or unit-specific logos in any way as to appear as a larger composite piece. Graphic elements may never be used on letterhead, business cards or forms.
Other authorized marks
The seal is restricted for use on formal, official, ceremonial and presidential materials only. Using the university seal in college or unit publications is prohibited without prior approval from Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
SCHOOL SPIRIT MARKS
University-sponsored student clubs and organizations may use the marks listed above with prior approval from Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing and according to the guidelines set forth in the Visual Standards Manual. Representatives from these organizations must have prior approval from the organizational hierarchy before contacting Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing for assistance with the use of these marks. University departments may use the marks below for specific “school spirit” purposes. Any official communication or overall branding of the departments must be performed with the official university mark. Contact Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing for assistance.